Raffle Colorado Rules
1) Each purchaser of a raffle ticket must be at least 18 years old and only one individual’s name may be associated with each ticket. All federal, state and local rules shall apply to the raffle. Tickets may be purchased:
- In person, from a Friends of the Arts of Costilla County member. Members include Emerald and Gerald Tamada at The Fort Market in Fort Garland, or call 719-xxx-xxxx to find a member near you.
- Online, using PayPal or a credit card at the raffle website http://RaffleColorado.com/purchase-raffle-tickets-online
- Online, using the Order Form found at http://RaffleColorado.com/raffle-ticket-order-form
You may either email the Order Form to Mary_Lampe@hotmail.com, or mail the Order Form to Mary Lampe at HC68, PO Box 41, Fort Garland, CO 81133 , or fax the Order Form, attention Mary Lampe, to 719-xxx-xxxx
A service charge of $1.00 will be added to all individual tickets purchased, and $3.00 to bonus ticket packets purchased, except for in-person purchases made by cash or personal check.
Any credit or debit card payment that is denied shall disqualify the pending purchase and any ticket issued for such purchase will be forfeited by the purchaser.
All email communications will be sent to the email address provided by a purchaser as part of the purchase. Such communications shall include purchase confirmation and raffle ticket numbers. Purchaser is required to provide to the Friends of the Arts of Costilla County (“Raffle Sponsor”) a valid, functioning email address and mailing address. The Raffle Sponsor, its processing agent and their respective directors, officers, and members assume no responsibility for incorrect, invalid, terminated or non-functioning email or mailing addresses, or lost, incomplete, late, illegible, or undelivered entries, or entries without complete, acceptable payment.
2) By submitting an entry, each purchaser acknowledges having read and agreed to abide by these Rules.
3) Once a ticket has been purchased, it is non-refundable, except in event the raffle is cancelled in accordance with the raffle regulations of the Colorado Secretary of State. Although a ticket may be transferred, the Raffle Sponsor shall communicate only with the ticket purchaser as shown on its records, until proof of the ticket transfer is provided to the Raffle Sponsor. Any transferee of a ticket must be eligible under these Rules in order to win under any drawing. Odds of winning depend on the number of tickets sold. The maximum number of tickets sold is 5000. The odds of winning the car would be 1 in 3000 if 3000 tickets are sold, as an example. If all tickets are sold, the odds of winning are 1 in 5000 if an individual ticket is purchased.
Ticket numbers will range from 1 to 5000. Tickets may not necessarily be sold in numerical order.
A minimum of 3000 tickets must be sold by November 22, 2014 for the Grand Prize Winner to have a choice of the Car/Truck, or a one-time $20,000 cash payment alternate prize. If fewer than 3000 tickets are sold by November 22, 2014, the raffle will be held as scheduled, and the Grand Prize Winner will receive a one-time cash payment of 35% of the Net Raffle Proceeds. Net Raffle Proceeds will be calculated based on Raffle Sponsor accounting, which shall be final and conclusive with respect to the Grand Prize Winner. For these purposes “Net Raffle Proceeds” are defined as the balance of funds left after paying all other prizes and all raffle expenses. For example, if 2000 tickets are sold at $20 each, $40,000 in “Gross Raffle Proceeds” are raised. If the total of other prizes and all raffle expenses are equal to $5000, then the “Net Raffle Proceeds” would be $40,000 minus $5000, or $35,000. The 35% Grand Prize would be 35% of $35,000, or $12,250.
4) All vehicles come base model factory equipped and winner(s) are also solely responsible for any and all state or local license, title, registration, cost differential between the value of the car and the cash alternate prize, taxes, or fees associated with the vehicle, as well as insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to delivery) and pickup or delivery costs at the dealership as well as any non-standard options chosen by the winner and negotiated with the dealership. All winners of vehicles must make an election in writing between the vehicle and the alternative cash payment no later than 5:00 p.m. on the fifth business day after the drawing. All vehicles are subject to availability at the automobile dealer selected by Raffle Sponsor and may be substituted with a comparable vehicle by Raffle Sponsor or with the cash alternate prize. Winner must take delivery of the vehicle within 60 days of notice of availability, or the prize will be forfeited.
5) Each ticket shall be sequentially numbered from the first ticket sold through the last ticket number sold. The raffle period shall be from the date the first ticket is sold, through December xx, 2014, or such earlier date as the maximum number of tickets is sold. Online ticket sales will be closed at any time before the drawing. The drawing will be held on Day, December xx, 2014. Ticket purchase deadlines, and drawing dates, times and locations, may be extended or changed at the Raffle Sponsor’s discretion, subject to approval of the Colorado Secretary of State.
6) Each online purchaser will be sent an unofficial ticket and receipt via email that will identify the purchaser’s unique raffle ticket number(s). The original printed raffle ticket will be retained by the Raffle Sponsor and the stub entered into the drawing along with the stubs of all other tickets sold. U.S. Postal regulations prohibit the mailing of raffle tickets.
7) At the raffle drawing, the winning raffle ticket stub shall be chosen by picking it from a large container containing all ticket stubs, thoroughly mixed. The drawing shall take place at Time on Date at Location, Colorado. The winner does not need to be present at the drawing to win.
8) The holders of the winning tickets shall be notified by telephone and/or email, and by Certified U.S. Mail at the address provided by the purchaser. The winning ticket number and name of the winner and their respective cities (but not addresses) shall also be placed on the Raffle website immediately after the drawing. This information may also be publicized in other media.
9) The winner of the drawing shall be required to provide the Raffle Sponsor with a signed statement confirming their eligibility under these Rules and applicable law, proof of age and social security number, and a release confirming the Raffle Sponsor’s permission to use the winner’s name, city, state, and likeness in media releases and other publicity.
10) As a general matter, federal and state income tax can be between 25% to 40% of the value of the raffle prize. Please consult with your own tax advisor. The winner will be entirely and solely responsible for paying any such taxes. The winner agrees to cooperate with the Raffle Sponsor to file any requisite tax forms.
11) The prize will be awarded in its then present, “as is”, condition with a full manufacturer’s warranty. This is a new car, but may have several hundred miles on the odometer due to its transport to ticket selling venues during the raffle period.
12) Purchasers of tickets, by participating in the raffle, release the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents from any and all liability, loss or claim arising out of any raffle prize, expressly waive any such claim and agree that the liability, if any, of the Raffle Sponsor, its directors, officers, members and agents shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid. In case of any dispute regarding the conduct of the raffle, the decision of the Raffle Sponsor shall be final. The courts of Costilla County, Colorado shall have exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute concerning the raffle.